Koonwarra Recreation Reserve
This magnificent Reserve was established in 1898/99 with the first Trustees appointed in 1900. Incorporating a running track it has been used for athletics, a swimming club, pony races, tennis, cricket, football, scouts, guides, picnics and as a pleasant place for people to walk and enjoy sitting under the beautiful trees.
The Scarlet Oaks in autumn (above) and summer (below).
The Reserve is well known for its Scarlet Oaks that provide a spectacular display during Autumn but they are beautiful right through the year as they change from the bare branches of Winter, through to the new green of Spring, the lush green of Summer to the brillant colors of Autumn. These trees were planted in 1956 and the Silver Elms and Liquid Ambers in 1960. A devoted Committee ensure this Reserve is kept at its very best.
Secretary: Frank Larkin (5664 2227)
The Recreation Reserve is still the home of the Tennis and Cricket Clubs and is situated on Buckingham-Fowlers Road, Koonwarra.
The Koonwarra Recreation Reserve Committee would like to formally acknowledge the generous support of the six South Gippsland Shire Councillors representing both the Tarwin Valley and Strzelecki Wards, the boundaries of which bisect the Koonwarra environs.
All six Councillors responded positively when contacted with a request for a contribution from their respective discretionary funds, towards some minor alterations to facilities at the Reserve.
We take this opportunity to thank Councillors -
for supporting their community.
Koonwarra Recreation Reserve Committee.